Tuesday

TREE OF LIFE - NORDSTROM COMPETITION ...


STRANGE BUT TRUE ... several years ago, my rep Lisa asked me to donate a 'painted boot' art piece for some charity campaign through Nordstrom's northwest region(?) .... we all got the same boot and were asked to create an art piece from it ... I covered mine with paper mache - painted it with Spanish text and basically created a Mexican tree of love - with a nod to 'dia de los muertos' .... note the tiny Mexican priest and the loving couple on the branch beneath - the heel of the boot and the tops of the branches are covered with tiny blood red roses - I believe the 'tree' looked more ethereal in blue rather than drab brown ... Lisa told me mine was bought at the auction - and the new owner was quite happy ... all's well that ends well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment